Why Choose Region 2000?
Region 2000, the Greater Lynchburg, VA area, has proven to be an ideal location for manufacturers, distribution centers, and service businesses with a national or global reach. Situated in the center of the eastern seaboard, Region 2000 offers convenient proximity to some of the nation’s most important markets.
In a single day’s drive, vehicles leaving Region 2000 can reach every major metropolitan area on the East coast between New York and Atlanta. Other major destinations, such as Chicago, New England, and the Canadian border, are just a few hours beyond.
The vitality of Region 2000 is evident in the mix of businesses that are already flourishing in the area – and in the array of internationally known names that have chosen to locate here.
This diversity makes for a healthy, stable economy...and a productive environment for the growth of your business.
The following are among other key reasons for choosing Region 2000 as a business location:
- Large, motivated workforce and a traditional, right-to-work environment
- Extraordinary training and workforce development resources
- Six colleges & universities, producing thousands of new graduates each year
- Abundant choices of available building sites, ranging in size from 2 to 1,000 acres
- Affordable utilities and abundant water/wastewater capacity
- Broad transportation options
Rich Quality of Life
- Outstanding schools
- Nationally recognized advanced healthcare resources
- Mild climate
- Diverse recreational/cultural opportunities
- Attractively priced housing choices
Uncommonly Cooperative Governments
- Pro-business environment (reflected in performance-based financial incentives for new and expanding businesses and moderate tax structures)
- Localities with more than 20 years experience working in partnership
- Government-assisted industrial parks throughout the region